Bauma 2022 | Construction & Mining Machinery Trade Fair
The Force Behind Construction Transformation
Representatives from Transcell will be attending this year’s Bauma Trade Fair in München, Germany.
Force and Torque Measurement Solutions for Construction
The same load and force measurement technology Transcell has designed and implemented for manufacturing plants can also be used in the challenging conditions of construction site environments – offering many of the same benefits, and more:
- Operate longer and with less labor
- Improve job-site safety
- Reduce environmental impact
- Increase equipment lifespan
- Reduce costs
- Save time
- Automated and remote equipment control
- Reduce maintenance
- Improved materials management
- Greater precision
Advantages of CAN Bus Systems
- Adaptable – Supports advanced functionality in construction equipment
- Connected – Integrates with cloud computing for robust data analysis
- Versatile – Incorporates services based on the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Future-focused – Supports rapid growth in equipment telematics for autonomous operation
- Low Cost – Single CAN systems communicate with ECUs
- Weight Savings – Less wiring, fewer harnesses, and a small footprint
- Simple – Easy deployment with a single entry point that communicates with all networked ECUs
- Tough – Averse to electrical disturbances and electromagnetic interference
- Agile – Field data helps OEMs troubleshoot, test, and improve systems
- Secure – Enterprise-grade security compatible with WiFi, 3G, and 4G
- Smart – CAN frames prioritize data for immediate access
Construction Industry Applications
- Digital dozers
- Self-driving trucks
- Tower crane lift limiters
- Stability control and warnings
- Auto-adjusting plows and compactors
- Aggregate weighing
- Draft control
We Get You From Input To Output
Transcell engineers customize signal processing solutions that integrate with your systems, ensuring you get the information you need from your load cell or force transducer application. Your options for signal processing when we design your solution include the following:
Signal Processing – Digital Output Options
Signal Processing – Analog Output Options
|RS-232 A 9-pin digital serial connection to a computer, PCL or simple data logger
Isolated RS-232 Eliminates signal noise and protects computers from voltage from improper grounding and common-mode transient events.
RS-485 A Modbus protocol interface that serves multiple devices attached to the same bus with output to USB, GSM or Ethernet ports.
USB The port supplies power to a load cell, digitizes the analog signal, and serves as a communication protocol
Ethernet IP Interface converts the analog signal and transmits digital data serially via EtherNet/IP (EIP). The device uses an XPort embedded device server which appears as an EtherNet/IP slave on a network.
|Modbus TCP/IP – A serial communications protocol for use with programmable logic controllers (PCLs).
Profibus DP – The protocol communicates between field load cells and control systems or controllers. The platform is based on RS485 and the EN-5017 European standard and handles wired, wireless, and fiber optic transmission.
PROFINET – The versatile and secure Ethernet interface handles precise, ultra-fast industrial communication for industrial applications. It supports communication through IO-controllers and IO-receivers.
CAN bus – A Controller Area Network (CAN bus) eliminates the need for multiple signal wires or computers to manage complex serial communications. Uses: Vehicles, elevators, manufacturing equipment, and household appliances, etc.